Friday, April 11, 2014

Autism Awareness Day

April 2, 2014 was Autism Awareness Day.  We celebrated the day with cupcakes after dinner and a long restful night sleep because the next day we traveled to Disney World.

I've always wanted to find some really cute Autism shirts for the boys.  Every time I have looked, I have not had any luck.  They all look like garbage screen printed on a gross ill fitting t-shirt.  No thanks.  Then a few weeks ago I struck gold.  I was perusing Etsy (like usual) and searching and searching for anything related to 'Autism t-shirts'.  I found the cutest shop ever, FinchPickles.  The shirts my boys are wearing are from her shop.  You can find her shop here.



My boys wore these shirts to school and to therapy that day.  I have never had so many emails and texts asking me where I got these from or if I made them myself.  The shirts are super high quality.  She even hand dyes the t-shirts making every piece super unique.  I would put these on par with Mini Boden in fit and quality.  Shipping and turn around time was super fast.  I was surprised and overjoyed when these shirts arrived in my mailbox days before Autism Awareness Day.  So cute and just to die for!



I also fell in love with the shop owner.  She also has a son on the spectrum, about the same age as my oldest son.  Our conversations were like talking to an old friend.  AND I later learned that we share the same birthday.  I mean, how cool is that?  So go on over and check out her Etsy site full of awesome handmade goods.  She has lots of cute items- for kids on the spectrum and not.  I highly recommend this shop!

Boys' Autism shirts found here.


FinchPickles shop found here.

No comments:

Post a Comment